Reaching Heights - Many Villages In-school Tutoring
- Organization: Reaching Heights
- Causes: Educational, Kids, Seniors
- Date(s): Our program kicks off in mid to late September. Volunteers are needed Monday - Friday, 9a-3p. You can give as little a 1 hour 1x per week or 4 hours 4x per week.
- Contact person: Lisa M. Hunt
- Phone: 216.935.5110
- Email: Lisa@Reachingheights.org
- Website: www.reachingheights.org
Many Villages, In-school Tutoring Program seeks to engage volunteers who will help support the Cleveland Heights-University Heights schools. The program is designed to help our elementary students succeed and deliver needed assistance in the classroom. Our main focus is K-3 literacy support. However, we often receive requests from teachers for math, science and social support.
CH-UH Parents are the backbone of this program but we still find a need for greater participation from the community at large. Aside from seeing the measurable growth from the children, training/orientation, recognition & opportunities for growth are just a few of the benefits of being a Village Tutor. Most schools begin in late September.
We know your time is valuable and so it is important to us that it be spent making a difference in the lives of these students. Kids love it & teachers appreciate it! You can give as little as 1 hour per week or as much as 4 hours 4x per week.
We believe that it takes a village to raise a child, so thank you for considering being an active part of ours!