90 Years in 90 Days: Tasting Chocolate at the University Heights Library
90 photos that define Cleveland Heights
Cleveland Heights officially became a city in 1921. Cleveland Heights Patch is observing that 90th anniversary by compiling 90 photos to create an album of the city's past and present. We'll run the feature for 90 days, one photo at a time.
Today's photo features chocolate tasting at the University Heights branch of the Cleveland Heights-University Heights Public Library. The building was the fourth permanent building owned by the library and opened in 1952.
For much of its early history, the public library system was associated with the city's public schools. When the school district adopted its present name in 1965, the library changed its name as well. In 2000, the system changed its mission statement to reflect its role as "a vital and dynamic community resource that promotes lifelong learning." - source Cleveland Heights-University Heights Public Library website.