Cleveland Heights Couple, Pets Found Dead in E. Monmouth Home
Cleveland Heights Fire Chief William Freeman says carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected.
A Cleveland Heights couple and their pets were found dead in their East Monmouth Road home Thursday afternoon.
The couple has been identified as Elise and Gregory Lindsay, said Powell Caesar, spokesperson for the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office.
Cleveland Heights Fire Chief William Freeman said he believes that carbon monoxide poisoning is to blame. The couple, who were in their 60s, were found in the kitchen. The boiler was in poor condition, Freeman said, but the chimneys were clear.
Caesar said an autopsy is being performed today to determine the cause of death. Results should confirm the cause by this afternoon.
It was reported that a relative discovered the couple at about 2 p.m. after he couldn't reach them.
Freeman said that police are holding the case open until they get the medical examiner's report back.