Cleveland Heights Police Blotter: Fight in Coventry Forces Bar to Close
The brawl started at City & East and spilled out into the street
- On March 18, there was a fight inside of City & East on Euclid Heights Boulevard and Coventry Road. The bar was shut down, and the fight and crowd of hundreds spilled outside to the front of the building, said police officials. Eight police officers arrived on the scene to disperse the crowd, and one person involved in the fight was taken to the hospital.
- A group of about 20 male teens age 14 to 16 from Cleveland Heights attacked a teen outside of the Bally Total Fitness in Severance Town Center on March 18. The group hit and kicked him. Police officials said that eight of the 20 were pointed out near Monticello Boulevard and Taylor Road, and police arrested them.
Car Theft and Damage
- Between March 16 and March 21, at least 14 people reported that their cars had been damaged or that items were stolen from them on Taylor Road, Severance Circle, Princeton Road, Queenston Road, Meadowbrook Boulevard, Lee Road, Oak Road and Noble Road.
- Someone broke into a garage on Ardmore Road and smashed the window of the car inside. The incident was reported on March 18.
- Three students, one from Monticello Middle School and two from Cleveland Heights High School, reported that their laptops were stolen on March 17 and March 18.
Breaking and Entering
- Plumbing was reported stolen from a house on Hereford Road on March 21.
- A man reported that his apartment was broken into on Desota Avenue on March 21 and baseball hats, Nike shoes, True Religion jeans and cash were stolen. Police said it appeared as though the person entered through the back door of the apartment.
- Someone found a wallet in Cain Park on March 18 and turned it into police.
All information compiled from police call logs and information from the Cleveland Heights Police Department