Man Steals Woman's Umbrella, Assaults Her: Police Blotter
A woman told Cleveland Heights Police that a man punched her and stole her umbrella while she was walking on Noble Road.
A woman told Cleveland Heights Police that she was walking near the Noble Road Library at about 5:30 p.m. Aug. 14 when a man assaulted her.
She said the man came up to her, punched her in the stomach and stole her umbrella. Police could not find the suspect.
Man arrested after crashing car into a pole
A caller reported that a car crashed into a pole near the 1300 block of Burlington Road at 2:19 a.m. Aug. 10. The driver was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle while under the influence (OVI.)
Burglary, breaking and entering reports Aug. 8 to Aug. 14
- 800 block of Nelaview Road, burglary, 6:29 p.m. Aug. 8.
- 2500 block of Overlook Road, reports someone broke into laundry room, 7:53 p.m., Aug. 9.
- 3100 block of Whitehorn Road, burglary, 5:26 p.m. Aug. 10.
- 2400 block of Noble Road, attempted burglary, 1:55 a.m. Aug 11. Caller reports burglar broke out window of his apartment.
- 1000 block of Helmsdale Road, aggravated burglary, 4:13 a.m. Aug. 11. Caller reports at least two men broke into his house and robbed him of his car keys by gunpoint. Police recovered the stolen car in East Cleveland.
- 1600 block of Belmar, burglary, 11:19 a.m. Aug. 13.
- 1600 block of Coventry, burglary, 10:08 pm. Aug. 14
- Four break-ins reported Aug. 14: Parkdale Road at 11:26 a.m., the 3500 block of Blanche Road at 1:05 p.m., the 1000 block of Brandon Road at 1:05 p.m. and the 2400 block of Newbury Drive at 1:59 p.m.
Reports compiled from call logs and information from the Cleveland Heights Police Department.