Patch Picks: Mom Movies
It's less than 24 hours away and you've got nothing planned? Don't worry – we've got you covered
Mother’s Day is Sunday, and some of us may have been a little lax about preparing to show that special lady exactly how we feel about her. But no worries – in a pinch, a movie is the perfect way to spend time with your mom – or your kids’ mom – that’s not dependent on reservations or the weather.
So below, find five great mom-friendly movie picks, and click the links for showtimes, plot summaries and reviews.
- Does your mom go for indie flicks? Or does she love romance? Take her to flick based on a classic at Cedar Lee – Jane Eyre.
- If the mom in your life likes action, try Fast Five, the appropriately named fifth installment of The Fast and The Furious series. Plus, Vin Diesel is not bad to look at. Not bad at all.
- If kids are in your Mother’s Day plans, try Rio, the latest creation from the makers of Ice Age starring Anne Hathaway and George Lopez.
- For a classic romantic comedy, check out Kate Hudson and John Krasinski in Something Borrowed.
- Take her on a journey with Water for Elephants, a drama based on the best-selling novel, featuring Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson in a circus. Yes, a circus.