Cleveland Heights officially became a city in 1921. Cleveland Heights Patch is by compiling 90 photos to create an album of the city's past and present. We'll run the feature for 90 days, one photo at a time.
Today's photo is of the at the intersection of Mayfield and Lee Roads. This photo was taken in the 1930s, when the building was occupied by Cleveland Trust Co., the forerunner of AmeriTrust. That bank merged with Society Corp. in 1991. Society merged with KeyCorp, which was based in Bank of Albany, NY, in 1994.
Now that spot is the home of a restaurant named after the oil magnate who left his mark on the area.