Cleveland Heights officially became a city in 1921. Cleveland Heights Patch is by compiling 90 photos to create an album of the city's past and present. We'll run the feature for 90 days, one photo at a time.
Today's photo is of , a residential hotel constructed in 1923. The building was designed by architect Harry T. Jeffrey, who was inspired by hotels in St. Augustine, FL, and the original Alcazar in Seville, Spain. The Moorish style is evident in the tile patterns in the lobby, and in the arcade surrounding the interior patio.
The building is now primarily a retirement residence. In 1979, the hotel was placed on the . In 1985, it was designated a Cleveland Heights Landmark. sources - The Encyclopedia of Cleveland History and thealcazar.com