Cleveland Heights officially became a city in 1921. Cleveland Heights Patch is by compiling 90 photos to create an album of the city's past and present. We'll run the feature for 90 days, one photo at a time.
Today's photo is a 1957 picture of the Warrensville Center Synagogue. It's the region's second-largest Orthodox congregation. This building was constructed by Tetiever Ahavath Achim Anshe Sfard, a congregation that was earlier located on E. 40th and Woodland Avenue, and on Linn Drive in Glenville. In 1959, Tetiever Ahavath Achim Anshe Sfard merged with N'Vai Zedek and The Kinsman Jewish Center to form the synagogue at 1508 Warrensville Center Road. Mergers with other congregations occurred in the 1970s.
The building also houses , a private Jewish school for students K-12. — sources: Cleveland Jewish History, Encyclopedia of Cleveland History