Cleveland Heights officially became a city in 1921. Cleveland Heights Patch is by compiling 90 photos to create an album of the city's past and present. We'll run the feature for 90 days, one photo at a time.
Today's photo is a publicity shot from a play at the The theater was founded in 1959 by Don and Marilyn Bianchi, along with Barry Silverman, and Mark Silverberg. The name "Dobama" comes from the first letters of the founders' names.
The theater seeks to "premiere the best contemporary plays by established and emerging playwrights," according to its mission statement. In 1977, after the death of Marilyn Bianchi, the theater launched the , a competition open to K-12 students who live in Cuyahoga County.
The theater moved to Cleveland Heights in 1970, according to the Encyclopedia of Cleveland History. This photo dates around that time.
The cast includes from left: Bill McKitterrik, Patt Griffin, Leslie Varnick, Richard Howey, Mary Jane Nottage and Tom Schmitz.
But what was the name of the play?
If you know, please answer in the comments. The information will be shared with the Cleveland Memory Project, the source of the photo.