The City of Cleveland Heights celebrates Halloween with a trick-or-treat night from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 31.
Residents who plan to hand out goodies should leave their porch lights on and check for any possible tripping hazards like flower pots and low or downed tree limbs.
The city provided parents and guardians a list of safety tips in the latest edition of the quarterly FOCUS magazine. Here are a few reminders to make candy collecting fun and worry-free:
- A parent or guardian should accompany young trick-or-treaters
- Carry a flashlight
- Make sure children can see out of eye holes if wearing masks
- Make sure costumes are fire-proof
- Only go to homes with the porch lights on, and do not enter stragers' houses
- Adults should check treats before allowing children to eat the holiday candy
- Never consume unwrapped candy or beverages