Hurricane Sandy has pummeled the East Coast, and its massive impact has reached as far as Northeast Ohio.
The storm has brought high winds to the area, knocking out power to many and causing huge waves on Lake Erie.
Cleveland Heights Police Chief Jeffrey Robertson said the intersection of North Park and Coventry is closed in all directions due to high water. Drivers should not try to drive through — one car was stuck already this morning. Lee Road is closed between Cedar southbound to Meadowbrook downed wires and high water, he said. We'll have more information soon.
Click the links below for the latest on the storm.
- All branches of the Heights Libraries are Closed
- Much of the Cedar Lee Business District is out. Many businesses in Coventry and Cedar Fairmount are open and still have power.
- Thousands Without Power in Cleveland Heights
- The Nature Center at Shaker Lakes is closed Tuesday, Oct. 30.
- UPDATED Hurricane Sandy Causes Cancellation of All Cleveland Hopkins' Flights Until Noon Tuesday
- Hurricane Sandy: How East Coast Patches Are Covering the Storm
- Hurricane Sandy: Northeast Ohio Begins to See Impact
- Hurricane Sandy: How Long Will Food Last in the Fridge if You Lose Power?