The Cleveland Heights Police Department are investigating burglaries and break-ins that have occurred in the city. If anyone has information regarding any crime listed in this article, he or she is encouraged to contact the police department at 216-321-1234.
- A burglar stole a computer, jewelry and more after they broke into a home in the 1900 block of Janette Ave. on Feb. 15
The thief kicked in the door and took two Dell laptops, an iPod Touch, a Canon camera and pearl necklace.
- A Cleveland Heights resident returned to her home in the 3600 block of Bainbridge Road on Feb. 16 to find that it had been broken into and a jewelry box had been taken.
A teenager -- thought to be 14 to 16 years old -- was spotted breaking into the home.
Anyone with more information on the burglar is encouraged to call Cleveland Heights Police.
- Police are investigating a burglary that was reported on the evening of Feb. 13 in the 1900 block of South Compton Road.
Someone kicked in a door while nobody was home. Though the entire bedroom had been rifled through, all the homeowner found missing was some cash that had been left on the dresser, according to police.
- Several vacant homes on Castleton and in the 3900 block of Monticello have been broken into and had copper piping stolen from them.
Anyone who sees anything suspicious in those neighborhoods is encouraged to call police.
- A homeowner in the 3400 block or Ormond Road was able to deter a would-be burglar with their security measures.
The burglar was able to kick in one door on Feb. 13 but unable to get passed a second, also locked, internal door.
The home also had a security system that alerted police. However, when officers arrived at the home, the attempted burglar had already fled.
- Someone shattered the front glass window of the China Dragon restaurant on Mayfield Road at about 10 p.m. February 17.
The thief took money from the cash register and fled.
With this crime, as with all the others in this blotter, anyone with any information that could help with its investigation is encouraged to call the Cleveland Heights Police Department at 216-321-1234.