The city will hold a ribbon cutting at 11 a.m. Sunday to officially open the pad.
Here's the info you need to know:
1. Heights Residents Only: The splash pad is for Cleveland Heights residents only. Adults must present a city recreation ID card before the children with them can use the splash pad.
2. Adults Required: Children will not be allowed to use the splash pad without a parent/guardian or an adult with a recreation ID card. An adult can only have three children with them.
3. Size Requirements: The splash pad is only for preschoolers and children under 48 inches tall.
4. Hours: Hours are:
- Monday - Friday: 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 12 p.m. until 7 p.m.
- Sunday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
5. Staff Will Be On Hand: There will always be a city staff member on site when the splash pad is open. They will be there to enforce the rules, including:
- Food and glass containers are not permitted.
- A child who is not toilet trained MUST wear a swim diaper/diaper with plastic pants under a swimsuit.
- For safety reasons, staff may limit those using the Splash Pad if too many children are present.
- The Pad shall be vacated at the first sound of thunder. The Pad may be closed at any time due to weather or maintenance concerns.