Ruffing Montessori School
Ruffing Montessori School is for students ages 18 months through the 8th grade. The school's programs consist of the following: a toddler community for ages 18-36 months; children's house for ages 3-6 (including kindergarten year); lower elementary for grades 1, 2 and 3; upper elementary for grades 4, 5 and 6; and middle school for grades 7 and 8. There are full-day and after-care options, as well as extracurricular activities and team sport/athletic options. Ruffing also has a 6 week summer camp program open to the greater community for children ages 3-14.
- Fax: 216-321-7568
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 6pm
- Founding Date: 1959
- Number of students: 320
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: All lead teachers are Montessori-trained, member of NAMTA (North American Montessori Teacher's Association), ISACS (Independent Schools of the Central States), CCIS (Cleveland Council of Independent Schools), and Ohio Department of Education.
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 36
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Ruffing is an integral part of the Cleveland Heights and greater Cleveland community, with our students participating in weekly service projects with our community partners - Judson, The Nature Center at Shaker Lakes, and the Cleveland Food Bank.
- Montessori: Yes
- Grade levels: Toddler - 8th grade
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Semester offerings include the following: Tae Kwon Do, cooking classes, climbing wall/rock wall, chess, book club, fencing, archery, sewing, improv and drama, lego robotics, guitar, piano and more.
- Sports teams: Basketball, Soccer, Cross-Country, Archery and Ultimate Frisbee.
- Uniforms: No
- Age range: 18 months - 8th grade